Taking a screenshot on a Chromebook is a simple process. There are a couple of methods you can use:
- Full Screen Screenshot:
- Press the
F5on some Chromebooks) keys simultaneously. The “Show Windows” key typically looks like a rectangle or square icon and is located in the top row of your keyboard.
- Your Chromebook will capture the entire screen and save the screenshot in the “Downloads” folder.
- Press the
- Partial Screenshot:
F5on some Chromebooks).
- Your cursor will turn into a crosshair. Click and drag to select the portion of the screen you want to capture.
- Release the click, and the selected area will be saved as a screenshot in the “Downloads” folder.
- Tablet Mode (for Convertible Chromebooks):
- If you’re using a convertible Chromebook in tablet mode, press the “Power” button and the “Volume Down” button simultaneously. This will capture a screenshot of the entire screen.
- Accessing Screenshots:
- To view your screenshots, go to the “Files” app on your Chromebook, then navigate to the “Downloads” folder.
Please note that some Chromebooks may have specific key layouts or additional features that affect how screenshots are taken. If the methods above don’t work, refer to your Chromebook’s user manual or the manufacturer’s website for specific instructions.